Director of Case Management
A rapidly growing integrated healthcare provider seeks a Director of Case Management . The ideal candidate will possess 8+ years of clinical nursing experience and 2+ years experience managing a clinical case management or care management teams. The Director of Case Management will lead a team of RN case managers and care coordinators.
Requirements of the Director of Case Management:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably BSN
- 8+ years of clinical nursing experience
- 2+ years experience managing a clinical case management or care management team
- Current RN license in the state of Washington or the ability to gain one
- Case Management training, certification strongly preferred
- Experience in a managed care environment ie HMO - IPA strongly preferred
- Knowledge of community resources, long-term care options, and cost-effective alternatives for patient care
- Knowledge of, clinical standards of care, NCQA requirements, CMS guidelines, and Medicaid/Medicare contracts and benefit systems strongly preferred
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 and HCPCS codes
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office
- Strong leadership skills and a track record of accomplishment leading clinical care teams
Responsibilities of the Director of Case Management:
- Collaborate with medical and professional staff of other departments to plan/coordinate joint patient and management objectives.
- Ensure optimal allocation of staff to workload ratios, to meet budgetary goals/objectives.
- Prepare department budget to ensure operational costs are within organizational goals.
- Coordinates departmental projects and instructs staff in the development and implementation of new test capabilities.
- Ensure departmental compliance and maintains a quality control program to comply with organizational, departmental specific policies/procedures, safety and health standards, and state/federal regulations and accrediting agencies.
- Perform other Director of Clinical Services duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.